After one year of hardship studying days and night eating pasta and poutine, Dreeny finally got a MBA. Yeah! Ready to conquer the world, Dreeny is looking for a job to start her fabulous career of dream and decadence. Where to start though?... Read on the fascinating adventures of Dreeny "The jobhunter"!

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Unemployment benefits in Europe

I thought the Belgian government was generous by giving 1000 Euros max. for unemployed people. Guess what? My MBA mates in France can claim up to 6000 Euros per month from the
Assédic.
Another interesting fact is that there is a reciprocal system between Europeans countries and if I worked at least 1 day in France, me too could claim benefits in France. The only problem is that again I gave up my job and I wasn't made redoundant so I'm not eligible in France for that reason. Too bad!
Anyway, my mission now is to focus on finding a job instead of financing my "non working" time...;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home