After one year of hardship studying days and night eating pasta and poutine, Dreeny finally got a MBA. Yeah! Ready to conquer the world, Dreeny is looking for a job to start her fabulous career of dream and decadence. Where to start though?... Read on the fascinating adventures of Dreeny "The jobhunter"!

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Admin week nearly over

This week has been quite productive but not in the way I planned to. Yesterday, I opened my bank account at ING. Today, I registered at the CSC syndicate since I’ve been told I had to have a syndicate. That was odd because from a rather liberal background, I’m a bit against union labour. Anyway, I joined it and am now unionized Dreeny jobhunter.
The idea was to claim my unemployment benefits. In fact, I realized yesterday that since I worked 3 years abroad and that my last job was in London with a relatively high monthly wage compare to Belgium, I’m entitled to get the maximum monthly unemployment compensation in Belgium which is about 1000 Euro per month of free money. This is quite good money to live in Brussels doing nothing and paying no rent. The only problem is that I may get a sanction because I haven’t been made redundant but I quit my job. I did quit to go study my MBA. The sanction can vary from 3 weeks to 6 months before I can benefit from the compensation. In any case, I should better find myself a good job quickly than wait for this but it is always nice to know and I’m applying for it anyway. Tomorrow, I have more of this kind of admin stuff to do so I guess my first week in Brussels was more quick cash than career minded. That would be for next week because I will then be done with all these stuff. I also had to register for health insurance today. I guess I’m now a completed Belgian citizen with all the benefits attach to it. The good thing is that money wise; it is a good status to have since the Belgian government would never let you hang out there without money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home