After one year of hardship studying days and night eating pasta and poutine, Dreeny finally got a MBA. Yeah! Ready to conquer the world, Dreeny is looking for a job to start her fabulous career of dream and decadence. Where to start though?... Read on the fascinating adventures of Dreeny "The jobhunter"!

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Too much experience or not enough?

Headache! I would like to join a Management Trainee development programme at Procter & Gamble or Unilever and their requirements is NO more than 2 years experience!

If I want to work as Marketing business professional, they usually require at least one or two year in Marketing so go figure...

Since I have 3 years of business experience but 0 year of marketing one, what should I do? Should I lie and say to P&G that I only have 2 years of working experience instead of 3?

Anyway, I just noticed on the website of Unilever, a subtle mention: No more than 2 years of relevant experience.... Now what is relevant or not? In my case, I don't think that is relevant so I will say that I have less than 2 years experience, meaning relevant experience because I don't want to lie and I'm dying to apply and to be taken into consideration. I'll just omit the 1st year I worked on my resume...because it is irrelevant...;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home