After one year of hardship studying days and night eating pasta and poutine, Dreeny finally got a MBA. Yeah! Ready to conquer the world, Dreeny is looking for a job to start her fabulous career of dream and decadence. Where to start though?... Read on the fascinating adventures of Dreeny "The jobhunter"!

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

1st day settling down in Brussels

After spending the weekend in Antwerp with my sister, I started today settling down in Brussels. First, I went to the city hall to register. Then I got myself stuff to be able to connect the internet from home. Then my brother bought a new phone for him and gave me his old one. It doesn't actually look like a phone, it looks more like some kind of insect and also make insects type of noise when it rings. It's called Xelibri from Siemens. Very weird thing!
I also took an appointment with the bank for tomorrow to open an account with ING.
I'm now kind of ready to get started. When I got to my brother's place, I realised that companies already sent stuff here about jobs. The good news is that Unilever is interested that my application and they sent me more stuff to fill so that is excellent start.
I also was thinking of visiting Unique Interim/Temp agency tomorrow to see if I could get a Marketing job for a short period of time so I can get some cash while I'm looking for the 'ideal' job.
I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatever said...

Yes, the problem with temp agency here is that they only propose secretary jobs so far and I won't do that even if it is in a very good company. I would do it if what I would do was related to Marketing or some experience I want to gain but it wasn't the case so far as I looked. I'd rather spend my energy on job hunting right now and live from unemployment benefits than doing something I don't like or learn from.

Dreen'

November 16, 2004 at 6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home